Bonjour mes amis!
It is now less than one month until I board a plane to France! I am very excited but nervous too. As everyone reassures me, I am sure it will be an incredible and amazing experience. It still doesn't seem quite real yet! I guess that will happen when I walk to my terminal at the airport!
You may be wondering some details about my stay in France. I wanted to give you a little bit of information about where I will be, what I will be doing, and how I'm getting there!
I will leave in the afternoon from the Nashville airport on January 15th. From there, I have will fly to Washington-Dulles International Airport in D.C., fly through the night to Copenhagen, Denmark, and then make a final landing in Geneva, Switzerland. I then have a shuttle bus ride to the station in Chambéry where my program coordinators will pick me up.
I will be studying at L'Université de Savoie in Chambéry, France. There are two other girls from UT who will also be at Savoie next semester.
Chambéry is in the Rhônes-Alpes Region of France that lies along the border of Italy and Switzerland. The city is the capital of the department of Savoie. The dark area on the map is Rhônes-Alpes and Chambéry is located in the northeast. I have heard about the gorgeous Lac de Bourget (Lake of Bourget) and Château de
Chambéry (Castle of Chambéry).
I am staying in Le Foyer des Alpes. It is a student residence with 122 private rooms and a kitchen on every floor. I am very excited to know that I will have my own bathroom and mini-fridge!
As far as classes go, I will register when I arrive and go through orientation with other international students. I have to take at least 12 credit hours to remain a student at UT, so I plan on taking about 3 French classes and 1 Communications class towards my major. Other friends who have studied abroad have told me that classes in France are quite a bit different than here, but I am looking forward to it.
Since this is my first trip abroad, I plan on traveling as much as I can. Switzerland and Italy are only about an hour away on the TGV train. I also have a good friend who I plan to visit in Paris and another who will be in Whales.
I plan on primarily using email, my blog and Skype to keep up with everyone back home. If you want, you can download Skype for free by going to www.skype.com. But I would also love to receive mail or email from you! My email is cholder3@gmail.com and I'll let you know my mailing address when I find out.
If you would like for to me to send you a postcard from France, leave your address! And if you want to know anything in particular or have advice about my trip, leave comments!



4 comments:
OOOooo I totally want a postcard.. I am so excited for you
Veronica Lindo
1629 W. Cumberland Ave rm. 621
Knoxville,TN 37916
Me too!
Lauren Bright
1428 Blake Hill Way
Apt. 934C
Knoxville, TN 37920
Hi! HAVE FUN...I KNOW IT WILL BE AN EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME! I would also like a postcard! :)
Marianna Wooden
516 Johnson Ave
Larned, KS 67550
wow! I am so excited for you. Would love to hear from you. I am sure you are going to get lots of requests for post cards. Add me to the list and mom too. She would love to hear from you.
Anna Johnson
125 Court Street
Dayton, TN. 37321
Lynn Pemberton
430 Reid Watson Rd.
Deer Lodge, TN. 37726.
I will send her your blog link too.
Post a Comment