Why yes, despite the chaotic scheduling habits of the university, teachers and students frequently on strike and the never-ending rearranging of class times and locations- I am here to complete a semester of my undergraduate studies. While they are all taught in French, so far the professors have proved to be helpful in understanding the difficulty we have as foreign students.
Here is a little bit about the courses that I am taking here:
Monday
10am-12: Culture Mythologique et Biblique- So far, this is the only class that I need a textbook for. The teacher talks fast, but I really like the subject. Today was the first day for this class and our professor lectured on the Old Testament and, in particular, the book of Genesis .
Tuesday
8-9 am: Vérsion- This is an English to French translation class. Tomorrow is the first day; but, it is especially for international students so it should be good!
10-11 am: Théme- Almost the same as Vérsion and for International students, but translating from French to English. The teacher didn't show up last week, so we will see how it goes tomorrow!
11-12 am: Anglais Théme- Another translation class, but this one is for French students who are learning English. The teacher is super nice and it as helped me learn some new vocabulary!
Wednesday
10am- 12: Litterature de 18ème siecle- This is the only class that has met consistently since the beginning of the semester. While our professor is a little boring, his lectures are organized and is fairly easy to take notes from. We will learn about works, authors, ideas, and philosophy of the Enlightenment period in Europe.
Thursday
Technique d'expression- This is a Communications class and I catch a bus to the Bourget du Lac campus for it. The time of the class has changed every week for the past 3 weeks, but it is my favorite class so far. It explores theories and methods of communication in different settings and writings. The professor is very interactive and evokes a lot of discussion during lecture. I have also gotten to be friends with some of the French students in the class and spent some time with them outside of class as well.
1.30-3.30: Linguistique- After being postponed for two weeks, I hope this class actually begins this Thursday! It will include learning about phonetics, principles, and articulation of the French language.
3.30-5.30: Grammaire- This one was also postponed- and it is all about French grammar.
Friday
No Classes! Friday is my travel day!
Following our first break (Feb. 16-21), I will also have three more classes that are French as a foreign language courses. They will probably include French Expression, French for Business & Tourism and French Civilization.



0 comments:
Post a Comment