Chambéry days...


Following my traveling in Paris and London, I realized how confused I get when switching back and forth between languages. My humble abode in Chambéry was, however, a welcome sight when we returned. It was nice to feel a sense of home and belonging here. 


But after the first break, the days seemed to start passing by even faster and soon we had flown by the halfway point of our stay in France! We celebrated Carnaval with the locals by checking out the parade and dressing up for the festivities! 

Heather, a good friend from UT who is studying in Paris, came to visit me the following weekend. I showed her around town and we went up to the slopes for a beautiful day of skiing and snowboarding with a great view of Mount Blanc!

The discovery of some new activities in town has also helped Chambéry grow on me. We tried out Salsa dancing on a few Wednesday nights and sang some karaoke at a place called Melodies. I also enjoyed a girl's night out at one of the cinemas where we watched Slumdog Millionaire 
(which I would highly reccomend!). One night we also caught a concert by Irish singer and songwriter, Tim O'Connor. It made us excited about the upcoming trip to Ireland we had planned!

 As the days have started to warm up, Veronica and I went to visit Le Lac de Bourget for the first time. It was gorgeous and will be a great hang out spot! A few of us also rented bikes one afternoon and had a really fun ride through a park not far from our residence. It had been years since I had ridden a bike but we all decided that we would have to frequent the rental shop from now on!

Our experiences have allowed me to meet more French students and of course I don't go a day without learning many new things. Classes still seem to be the cause of most of my worry, but I know it will turn out alright. I'm beginning to realize how much I will miss it here but I am also missing things back home as well! 

0 comments:



Post a Comment