Most days we will be leading Vacation Bible School at the orphanage. One of my good friends, Lauren, and I will be teaching the kids the bible story of Joseph and Mary fleeing to Egypt with Jesus to escape Herod's decree (Matt. 2:13-23). We want to talk about how God watches over us and keeps us safe just as he kept Jesus safe from Herod then we have some fun craft activities for them to do. I'm really excited for this opportunity and am using that story to remind me that God will keep our college team safe as well. God will be with us every step of the way as he has already.
I am so grateful to the people who have supported me financially and God really provided, even when I began to doubt that I would get the funds I needed. I know that He will continue to provide and lead us through words, actions, emotions, and love to just pour out in the city. Of course, there are several things that I'm nervous about being in a culture I really know nothing about. I am just focusing on praying for several things for our team and hope that you will lift us up in these ways too. I pray that we are able to really share the message of Jesus and his love in a way the kids can understand, that we will be able to cope with the emotions that are stirred by what we see, that we all maintain energy and enthusiasm to embrace the opportunities we have all week, and of course our health.
Meggan, who is the staff person from The Walk going on the trip with us, will be taking a video camera and laptop and we will be regularly updating The Walk blog with what we are doing each day. She will also be tweeting throughout the week so people back here can keep up with us. As soon as she lets us know those links I will post them here as well.



0 comments:
Post a Comment